ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Mark D. Grover was born in Maine and has lived in Gray for nearly twenty-five years. He has just retired and is looking forward to serving his community once again.
He holds a Ph.D. in computer science and believes in life-long learning. His most recent challenge has been becoming a helicopter pilot.
Previous Public Service:
- Cumberland County Commissioners
- Gray Town Council
- Cumberland District Public Health Council
- Gray Fire-Rescue (twelve years of active service)
- Gray Comprehensive Plan Committee (2008)
- Cumberland County Finance Committee
- Gray Library Trustees
- Gray’s Johnson Road Association Board of Directors
SUPPORT FROM ALL SIDES
Conservatives support Grover because he…
Opposes more bonds
Will seek to incorporate infrastructure into the biennial budget.
Opposes CMP corridor
Without energy benefits to Mainers, our lands should not be disturbed or taken.
Progressives support Grover because he…
Supports science-based policy
Public health, vaccination rules, and environmental regulations should be rational.
Supports women’s health rights
Roe v. Wade is settled law.
Moderates can support Grover because he…
Remains independent from party platforms
Opposes more gun restrictions, but
Supports “Red Flag” mental health laws
Supports education funding, but
Expects high scholastic standards
Campaign Practice Pledges
- Mark D. Grover is refusing all contributions and instead is self-financing a modest campaign. He does not wish to take private money and is also uncomfortable with taxpayer-funded campaigns.
- Mark D. Grover has signed the Maine Code of Fair Campaign Practices, including agreements against making defamatory statements about other candidates, distorting facts, or practices that corrupt the system of free elections.
- Mark D. Grover has signed the Voluntary Expenditure Limit pledge for this campaign.
- To read the pledges, download this file.
- If you would like to show your support, please do so by “liking” the campaign Facebook page, and also by sharing a link to this website.